Company: Pep Boys
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its
parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and
operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and
service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium
automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of
Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys? automotive aftermarket
retail and service chain, Auto Plus? automotive aftermarket parts
distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care? owned and franchised
automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised
service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over
22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations
and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto
A Technician is primarily responsible for the efficient diagnosis,
repair, and replacement of general automotive parts and
accessories. A successful Technician will have direct interaction
with customers and deliver superior service through educating the
customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle.
A Technician will conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs;
including but not limited to brakes, drivability, emissions,
steering and suspension, electrical, state safety and emissions
testing, maintenance services, HVAC, starting and charging, and
Duties & Responsibilities
* A Technician is responsible for all aspects of diagnosing and
repairing a customer's vehicle, as well as, caring for the vehicle
while it is being repaired and properly securing it after the
repair is completed.
* We strictly adhere to a "do it right the first time" philosophy
and a successful Technician will not exceed two or more comebacks
within a four-week period of time.
* Will maintain a 90% minimum productivity performance level.
* Expected to comply with company policies and procedures, loss
prevention, safety, and environmental codes and ordinances. Will
ensure training completions are maintained at 100%.
* Will be a resource regarding technical matters related to
installation and proper application of parts and accessories, while
also providing accurate and effective direction, advice and
assistance to service advisors, other technicians, commercial,
retail and parts associates.
* Will passionately focus on customer needs, and drive the service
center's performance with the highest degree of integrity and
trust. Must be approachable by both customers and associates.
* The successful Technician will be expected to maintain technical
capabilities to ensure proficient use of service equipment and
maintain certification status.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Strong verbal communication skills.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Minimum of 6 months' experience as a certified technician or
mechanic and four ASE's (Brakes & Steering and Suspension, plus two
ASE's from the following: A1 Engine Repair, A6 Electrical, A7 HVAC,
A8 Engine Performance, L1 Advanced Engine Performance) are
* Additional ASE's are strongly encouraged. ASE equivalent
certifications may be considered as part of the qualification
process However, we require all Technicians to achieve the required
ASE certifications within two ASE testing cycles
* We promote a safe and skillful service operation, therefore, we
pre-pay ASE registration and testing fees for Technicians who
attempt to achieve their required ASE certifications
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret retail business reports,
professional and/or technical journals, time reports,
To view the full job description, click here
Keywords: Pep Boys, Auburn , Technician A, Engineering , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!