2nd Shift Senior Product Review Engineer - KC-46 (Liaison Engineer)
Posted on: September 16, 2022
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better
place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work
that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion
are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for
every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with
great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) Product Review
Engineering (PRE) organization in Everett WA, is seeking senior
engineers to support the production of the KC-46 Tanker Aerial
Refueling Aircraft Program .
The KC-46 program is part of the Commercial Derivative Aircraft
division within BDS. The KC-46A Pegasus is a wide-body, multi-role
tanker that can refuel all U.S., allied, and coalition military
aircraft compatible with international aerial refueling procedures.
Boeing designed the KC-46 to carry passengers, cargo and patients.
The aircraft can detect, avoid, defeat, and survive threats using
multiple layers of protection, which will enable it to operate
safely in medium-threat environments.
We are looking for proactive individuals who can make quick
engineering decisions and who want go beyond their desk and into
the factory or onto the field for hands on engineering.
This position involves daily exposure to factory environment which
includes stairs, trip hazards, high noise areas, chemical hazards
(breathing and handling), and entering airplanes during their many
stages of build.
This position requires excellent communication and collaboration
skills, partnering closely with production personnel. This position
covers all areas and systems of the KC-46 airplanes in production.
The first step in this role is to earn a Material Review Board
(MRB) certification which is a highly sought-after skill in the
global industries today. With MRB certification, an Engineer has
signature authority to revise FAA approved type design to account
for production deviations.
On a typical day as a certified MRB Engineer, you will create
design solutions to address any and all nonconforming parts and
systems on an airplane, which includes correcting any build or
design errors found during production. Your repair solutions will
take into consideration: metal and composite structures, interiors,
payloads, electrical systems, functional testing, finishes,
aerodynamics, electromagnetic environment, damage tolerance,
fatigue, static strength, propulsion, safety, and so much more.
- Assesses and resolves product/process issues through the
- Leads research of technical, operational and quality issues
that cannot be resolved by customer and designs interim and final
- Leads others to analyze, conduct root cause analysis and
develop dispositions for design non-conformances.
- Develops and implements product/process improvements.
- Uses innovative approaches and unique applications to address
complex nonconforming conditions and to detect deviations.
- Provides design phase subject matter expertise by supporting
Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and participating in design
- Represents the engineering community in the build through post
- Leads activities for on-site disabled product repair teams and
accident investigation or support
- Performs wiring / electrical, systems, Line Replaceable Unit
(LRU), and functional test troubleshooting to resolve failures and
- Analyzes, develops, and approves rework/repair dispositions of
BDS and BCA nonconforming products in all phases of production:
supplier fabrication and assembly, receiving inspection,
manufacturing integration and installation, modification, flight
test, and delivery readiness.
- Performs root cause analysis and develops dispositions for
- Participates in Integrated Product Teams (IPT) projects and
- Initiates design and process changes to correct design errors,
resolve complex, chronic manufacturing problems, and to improve the
producibility of aircraft hardware.
- Supports the development of engineering processes, methods, and
- Integrates and promotes knowledge sharing with other PRE
organizations around the enterprise by seeking out best
- Mentors less experienced engineers completing daily work tasks
and longer-term projects.
- Interacts as an engineering representative on the KC-46
Materials Review Board.
- Ensures supplier and build partner compliance with Boeing
- Provides on-site factory and field technical support including
interpreting engineering drawings, specifications, and
- Communicates proactively with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing,
Design, Support Organizations, and management personnel.
- Works according to established guidelines.
- Exercises broad latitude in determining technical
- Occasional short-term business travel may be required.
- This position involves daily exposure to factory and flightline
environments which includes stairs, trip hazards, high noise areas,
chemical hazards (breathing and handling), and entering airplanes
during their many stages of build. This position is expected to be
100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite
at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S Security
Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An
interim and/or final U.S. Secret clearance Post Start is
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering discipline
- 3+ years of experience working in a cross-functional
environment and/or business unit teams
- Must be willing to work variable shifts, overtime, weekends and
holidays as required. Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills &
- Material Review Board Certification experience or similar
Liaison Engineering experience
- Aerospace experience, fabrications, manufacturing, and/or
additive manufacturing experience
- Production engineering experience
- Relevant technological knowledge
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead, work independently and in a team
- Excellent cross-functional teaming, collaborative problem
solving, building lasting relationships & proficiency in written
and verbal communication Typical Education/Experience:
Bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' experience in an
engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 7 or
more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD
degree with typically 4 or more years' experience in an engineering
classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree
from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer
science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred,
although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
The candidate may work second or first shift as well as weekend or
daily overtime. This requirement varies from site to site and is
typically covered on a rotation basis
This is a union-represented position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Auburn , 2nd Shift Senior Product Review Engineer - KC-46 (Liaison Engineer), Engineering , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!