Posted on: September 16, 2022
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better
place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work
that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion
are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for
every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with
great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with
Boeing Commercial Airplanes has an exciting opportunity for multi
level Industrial Engineers (Levels 2-5). Come join our growing
Industrial Engineering Team located in the Puget Sound Region in
At Boeing, our Industrial Engineers are leaders in innovation,
development, evaluation, and implementation of methods and systems
in support of our complex manufacturing processes. In joining us
you will work in a casual environment with multi-disciplined teams
across all programs. We offer long-term potential for career growth
into both technical leadership and/or management positions and
highly value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers
bring to our teams each day.
The ideal candidate(s) will have the unique opportunity to design,
stabilize, improve, and transform production systems and processes
to achieve world class operational excellence for some of the
world's most sophisticated aircraft and systems. Come build your
career with Boeing!
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate
will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location
- Applies industrial engineering concepts, approaches and
techniques to product, process and services to meet program
requirements of moderate complexity.
- Designs, develops, analyzes, tests, evaluates and implements
processes and technology insertions by applying industrial
engineering techniques and concepts to optimize production system
design, operational efficiency and after-market services.
- Monitors performance, supports production and systems to meet
operational and functional requirements.
- Translates engineering, systems, and mathematical concepts to
practical applications throughout the product life cycle.
- Researches emerging technologies and develops industrial
engineering tools and processes.
- Ensures compliance with established industry safety, design
standards and ergonomic guidelines.
- Supports the evaluation of new techniques and technological
developments for integration into the production process and
- Develops moderately complex models, databases and spreadsheets
to analyze data and provides summary analysis and metrics for
consultation to leaders.
- Assists with research, design, development, improvement, and
implementation of processes and tools to enhance schedule
performance, lower cost, and improve quality, for large scale
systems integration and asset utilization.
- Leads metrics, data analysis, and improvement plans, related to
our team's productivity, efficiency and first-time quality;
including Lean+ events, 5S improvement plans, and/or special
initiatives to improve organizational effectiveness.
Skills & Qualifications
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Must be able to interact with a multi-discipline team to gather
data for process improvements and establishing standards.
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work
tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within
new work structures, processes, requirements, and/or cultures.
- Work with a cross functional team across Puget Sound to develop
positive relationships with the team
- Communicate effectively with individual contributors, managers
and executive leadership to share data, project plans, actions and
results Preferred Qualifications (Desired):
- Knowledge of LEAN principles
- Experience developing and deploying standard processes
- Experience developing metrics to drive results and improve the
business Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education
(e.g. Bachelor) and 2 or more years' related work experience or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Auburn , Industrial Engineer, Engineering , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!