Associate, Mid-Level & Senior Equipment & Tool Engineers - Fabrication - Emergent Ops
Posted on: November 18, 2022
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better
place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work
that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion
are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for
every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with
great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with
At Boeing, our engineers share a passion to redefine what's
possible. To turn dreams into reality. To bring cutting-edge
technology to market. If you are seeking a dynamic, innovative
environment, this opportunity is for you!
Join Boeing Production Engineering in building our next generation
of amazing products. Each day, you'll work alongside experts in
production, quality, design, and supply chain roles to guide
aircraft from design to delivery and beyond. Bring your ideas to
Boeing and help shape the future of aerospace manufacturing.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking Equipment and Tool Engineers
to support the Fabrication organization in Emergent Ops . A
successful candidate in this role will have passion, creativity,
and an insatiable desire for process improvement and efficiency.
They will also have a strong desire to be out in the factory,
interacting with mechanics, and directly supporting the production
system. In Production Engineering, we need highly responsible
professionals committed to upholding the highest standards of
safety, quality, and integrity.
Our Teams are currently hiring for a broad range of experience
levels including Associate, Mid-Level & Senior Equipment & Tool
Engineers - Fabrication - Emergent Ops .
In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family
will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining
agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification
credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent
experience is required.
This is an equipment and tooling development, implementation, and
improvement role. Your duties will include (but are not limited
- Provides engineering expertise in tooling structures and
- Develops program and project requirements, develops highly
complex equipment and tooling concepts and designs solutions,
including alternatives for the Production System.
- Develops complex data package (e.g., usage instructions,
procurement information, test plan, etc.) to satisfy design release
- Ensures compliance with safety, producibility, maintainability,
reliability, ergonomic factors and regulatory requirements.
- Validates analysis of technical data, influences product
engineering design and makes robotics, automation or technical
recommendations to support production system integration for a
- Leads gated reviews and develops plans for production
readiness, preventative maintenance and spares.
- Leads the creation and modification of equipment and tooling
definition at the program level.
- Coordinates with aircraft engineering and manufacturing
engineering on tool interfaces.
- Conducts studies and make recommendation for disposition of
- Executes project plans, provides input to Make/Buy decisions
and partners with Procurement to meet program schedule, cost and
- Manages tool engineering work packages which are offloaded to
design suppliers and jointly supports technical inquiries that
arise during tool manufacture.
- Participates in tool/equipment try-outs to ensure requirements
- Investigates design-engineering changes to maintain engineering
configuration and initiates action.
- Validates contractual performance milestones.
- In Electrical Controls roles: Program, integrate, and/or
troubleshoot complex production equipment, including but not
limited to: industrial robots, Programmable Logic Controllers
(PLC), Numerical Controls (NC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI),
and/or automatic drives
- Work in a cross-functional team alongside specialists from
manufacturing, quality, safety, post-production services, product
development, suppliers, and vendors
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the organization by
communicating, collaborating, teaching, and mentoring others
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some
people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every
single desired qualification. At Boeing, we are dedicated to
building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if
you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't
align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we
encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate
for this or other roles.
Work Authorization Statement:
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15 is
required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent
resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in an engineering
- Minimum 1 year of experience with production systems in a
manufacturing or engineering capacity
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5 or more years of experience working in an Equipment or Tool
- 5 or more years of experience working in a production
- 3 or moreyears of CATIA V5 solid modeling experience
- 3 or more years of working GD&T experience
- 1 or more years leading teams in a leadership role
- 1 or more years of experience working to industry standards
including compliance with hardware and safety codes
- 1 or more years of experience working with hardware
- Project Management Knowledge
- Strong Communication Skills
- Motivated self-starter that may be asked to train less
- Ability to collaborate with both the engineering work force and
the mechanics on the factory floor
- Degree and typical experience in engineering
- Bachelor's and 3 or more years' experience
- Master's with 1 or more years' experience
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited
course of study, in engineering, engineering technology, computer
science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred,
although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
Non-Union or Union Representation:
- Union Represented
- This position is for 1st shift.
Pay Range Summary:
- Associate Level: $81,600- $110,400
- Mid-Level: $96,050- $129,950
- Senior Level: $118,150- $159,850
- All information provided will be checked and may be
- Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence
before the end date.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Boeing, Auburn , Associate, Mid-Level & Senior Equipment & Tool Engineers - Fabrication - Emergent Ops, Engineering , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!