Blue Streak Mechanic - 14308
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.The Boeing Company is looking for
a Blue Streak Mechanic to join our teams supporting Boeing
Commercial Airplanes based out of Auburn or Renton, WA!----Position
- Obtain work order from incoming rack; work from schedules or
- Obtain drawings if not with Work Order (W/O).
- Read W/O and drawings to determine work to be accomplished.
- Order any special details and/or standards that are required by
the W/O or engineering drawing.
- Check material against W/O for correct quantity, alloy, temper,
and for acceptance by Quality Assurance (QA).
- Check for damage prior to starting job. Develop
three-dimensional flat patterns using sheet metal practices and
shop mathematics including geometry, trigonometry and layout and
- Fabricate temporary fixtures to form sheet metal tube or duct
parts involving compound curves and/or angles.
- Check set-up and shop aids per drawing dimension, as required.
- Develop true views, patterns and/or layout from non-true view.
- Layout locations on parts for holes, angles, bends, and cutouts
from drawings, patterns, or templates, as required.
- --Cut to size, bend, punch, and dimple sheet metal parts and
- Break sharp edges as required.
- Select drills, reamers, and/or countersinking tools for pilot
and full size holes per drawing, W/O, or tool instructions.
- Drill, spotface, countersink, and tap (if required) holes to
correct size using drill motor or drill press.
- Set countersink to proper depth.
- Disassemble parts and deburr holes using chip chaser, deburring
tools, and files to break sharp edges to prepare for installation
- Solvent clean surfaces prior to applying sealant or assembling.
- Apply alodine, primer, sealant, adhesives, or other special
finishes as required.
- Handle and dispose of hazardous material (e.g., paints
sealants, solvent) in approved manner.
- Determine/obtain correct type and size fasteners from storage
- Assemble parts using rivets and bolts with correct tools such
as rivet squeeze, lock bolt puller, rivet gun, bucking bar, power
screwdriver, or ratchet per engineering requirements.
- Fit and assemble components using appropriate jigs, fixtures
and shop aids per drawing, as required.
- Perform first part check for conformance to required
specifications, as required.
- Mark parts using rubber stamp, virbo-engraver, steel stamps,
identification tape, stencils, and/or tags as required by W/O or
- Sell completed or in-process checks at appropriate steps in
- Rework and/or incorporate changes, as required, to assemblies
to meet engineering specifications.
- Coordinate with engineering to develop solutions to
- Leave oral or written tie-ins for following shifts.
- Maintain personal and tool certifications as required.This
position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will
be required to work onsite at one of the listed location
options.This position must meet Export Control compliance
requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. --
120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful
permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.---- Basic Qualifications
- 1+ Years of experience experience interpreting and working from
blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions in
- 1+ Years of experience do you have using basic math (e.g.
addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- 1+ years of experience do you have using hand tools and/or
hand-held power tools.Preferred Qualifications (Desired
- 1+ Years working flight line, ADG, or final assembly.
- 1+ Years of experience with fabrication of airplane parts or
temporary tooling.Relocation:Relocation assistance is not a
negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the
immediate area or relocate at their own expense.Drug Free
Workplace:Boeing--is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.Shift Work Statement: This position
is for 2nd shift.Union:This is an hourly position governed by the
International Association of Machinist (IAM-751) Collective
Bargaining agreement.At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total
Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top
talent.-- Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive
base pay and variable compensation opportunities.--The Boeing
Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to
enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health
insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts,
retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs,
and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time
away from work.--The specific programs and options available to any
given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as
geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of
collective bargaining agreements.Please note that the salary
information shown below is a general guideline only.-- Salaries are
based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as
market and business considerations.----Summary pay range: $23.00 -
$46.58Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected
Keywords: BOEING, Auburn , Blue Streak Mechanic - 14308, Engineering , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...