Assistant Business Manager
Company: Tarragon Property Services L.L.C.
Posted on: January 9, 2021
POSITIONThis position is designed to prepare individuals for a
position as a Business Manager. An Assistant Business Manager will
be asked to assume greater responsibilities upon learning and
applying knowledge of all aspects of property management as well as
displaying maturity and good judgment. The Assistant Business
Manager serves as the individual responsible for the property in
the absence of the Business Manager and serves as a role model to
peers.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Works closely with the Business Manager in learning all aspects
of management including administrative and financial duties.
- Assumes responsibility for supervising staff and managing the
property in the Business Manager's absence.
- Works closely with the Business Manager in developing an
integral team that effectively sells the quality and
professionalism of Tarragon Property Services
- Inspects property common areas, apartment units and grounds on
a regular basis. Offers recommendations to supervisor and property
management staff regarding improvements to the overall operation of
- Familiarizes himself/herself with all aspects of maintenance.
- Understands financial and operational reporting requirements.
- Collects and posts all rent payments from both current and
previous residents. Charges deposits and move-in fees.
- Makes daily community deposits in regard to rent collections
and any other miscellaneous income.
- Codes and processes all community invoices. Assists in
monitoring and recording paid invoices into various administrative
log books. Forwards coded invoices to Business Manager for
- Distributes non-payment notices to all delinquent residents and
completes follow-up activity in regards to non-payment of rent or
- Maintains a general working knowledge of state laws in regard
to collection of delinquent accounts.
- Inputs daily all resident information in relation to walk-in
traffic, move-ins, move-outs, apartment conditions, etc. Maintains
all current and previous resident files. Updates Weekly Property
Reports on daily basis.
- Assists manager in ensuring that all leases and addendums are
completed accurately in regards to addresses, names, rates, etc.
- Supports the overall marketing efforts and offers input and
suggestions in regards to promotions, advertisements, rate
- Assists in various leasing activities as required.Maintains
up-to-date knowledge of market and competitive properties.
- Assists the Manager with renewals of existing residents.
- Analyzes concerns associated with apartments that are slow to
lease and offers recommendations.
- Earns respect of leasing staff and maintenance team by
demonstrating effective leadership and example setting.
- Assists in the handling of resident service requests and
various concerns as required.
- Conducts follow-up activity as needed with new and current
residents in order to establish and maintain positive resident
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times.
- Consistently maintains a professional and courteous attitude
when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general
public.Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends and assists with resident social functions and
activities as requested.
- Assists in creating the monthly and quarterly newsletter.
- Attends and participates in training seminars as requested.
- Run errands as necessary. May be required to drive motorized
vehicle on or off property for Company business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONSEducation, Training and/or Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Valid drivers' license, sound driving record and auto insurance
- Computer literacy required. Proficiency in preparing Word
documents and Excel spreadsheets in addition to property management
software is preferable.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A college degree or related coursework is preferred.
- Yardi Voyager software experience is a highly desired.
- Business, hospitality or property management background
preferred.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal
- Detail-oriented with a passion for organization. Ability to
engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and to consistently
- Ability to work independently and have use good judgment to
know when to ask for help and/or guidance.
- Ability to interact professionally with employees, tenants,
owners, customers, and vendors.
- Strong written and verbal skills including ability to deliver
well written reports and business correspondence. Ability to
present numerical data effectively.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative
situations; listens well and gets clarification when necessary.
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation or
circumstances; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes
responsibility for own actions and in completion of tasks.
- Is a team player; volunteers readily; seeks increased
responsibilities; asks for assistance and offers help when needed
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.?@To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential job function satisfactorily. The candidate must have
exceptional organizational skills and excellent attention to
detail, and must have ability to prioritize workload and
independently pursue projects to completion. Must be comfortable
working in a fast-paced environment balancing multiple projects and
tasks and possess written, verbal and interpersonal skills
necessary to communicate and work effectively with management,
co-workers, and clients. The requirements listed are representative
of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.PHYSICAL
DEMANDSNature of work requires an ability to effectively
communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare
work documents operating standard business office equipment. The
job may require occasional site inspection visits which could
include climbing stairs and walking on uneven terrain. Ability to
lift 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to interpret, evaluate and communicate detailed written
or verbal instructions to others accurately and quickly, including
answering phones, attending meetings, written correspondence or
other forms of communication.
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting,
connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the
purpose of proper records development and/or management.
Keywords: Tarragon Property Services L.L.C., Auburn , Assistant Business Manager, Executive , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!