Company: Sigma Six Solutions, Inc
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Description:Responsible for performing supervisory, sales,
operations, and administrative duties while performing field work
when required. Technically support field engineers and technicians.
Work with other areas within the Company's field operations to
provide teamwork on projects. Provide business, managerial, and
technical direction to the field service operation. Serve as
customer contact and liaison. Keep track of job progress, quality
of work and financial details from the job/order input through
invoicing.. Requirements:Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the revenue, efficiency, profit, and quality of
the area operation.
- Work with Region office to develop and maintain daily schedule
for Field Engineers and Technicians.
- Maintain objective for field efficiency.
- Make certain that equipment is scheduled and materials and
supplies are available for jobs.
- Develop and review proposals, and review reports of field
engineers and technicians.
- Review and sign contracts consistent with Limits of
- Review and approve time cards and expense accounts as
- Review and audit field jobs.
- Provide technical support and assistance for field personnel
and sales engineers.
- Work with staff to develop weekly invoicing.
- Maintain test equipment asset inventory system so location of
Company assets is known.
- Interview job applicants.
- Perform employee performance reviews and recommend appropriate
- Coordinate technical training for field personnel and assist
with career development.
- Review and recommend field technical procedures and procedure
- Participate in the development of Area strategy and
periodically review plan to ensure that office work is on
- Work with Management and Sales resources to promote new
- Perform complex troubleshooting, specialized tests,
inspections, and appraisals on electrical apparatus and systems.
Lead large projects requiring strong project management
- Maintain customer relationships and contracts with existing new
- Give technical presentations and write articles.
- Develop new customers.Expectations:
- More specific objectives and expectations of this position will
be outlined by supervisor.
- Expected to maintain NETA status. NETA III expected.
- Expected to improve own knowledge through continuing education
courses in management, supervision and job-related technical
courses.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduate Engineer BSEE and six years of experience, or Graduate
of applicable Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent
and nine years minimum same or similar work experience, or High
school education or equivalent and ten years minimum same or
similar work experience.
- Strong knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various
industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA.
- Requires special skills in a majority of the following: Power
quality surveys -generation and co--generation start-up - ANSI,
NEC, NEMA; pilot wire and distance relaying -computer power system
transient surveys - vector analysis.
- Strong background and experience in all types of switchgear and
equipment testing through the 500 kV class.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical apparatus testing with a
strong theoretical understanding of electrical power systems, and
good aptitude for problem evaluation.
- A high degree of communication, supervisory, organizational and
management skills are required.
- A good theoretical background and strong management skills are
- Communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with clients,
peers, subordinates and management.
- Strong computer skills including editing, formatting and use of
Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night
- Willing to do overnight travel to cover field region and attend
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers,
talk and hear. Required to sit and work at computer. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Valid Driver's License.An Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Please
no phone calls.Penn Power Group is a federal contractor and has
implemented an affirmative action plan to ensure equal employment
opportunities for females, minorities, individuals with
disabilities, and qualified targeted veterans. We make reasonable
accommodation for individuals with disabilities to apply for
employment. Contact HRInfo@pennpowergroup.com (215) 335-0500 ONLY
if you wish to request an accommodation or if you wish to be
included in our affirmative action program. Resumes sent to this
address will not be accepted.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Sigma Six Solutions, Inc, Auburn , Operations Manager, Executive , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!