Senior Distribution Center Operations Manager
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: May 25, 2023
HD Supply, a Home Depot company, is seeking a Senior Distribution
Center Operations Manager to oversee operations of DC in Kent, WA.
Reporting to the building leader, you will directly coach and lead
2 Operations Managers and a total team of approximately 40+
associates. You will provide strategic and innovative leadership
regarding employee engagement, process improvement and KPI
tracking. Your day will start at 7 am with flexibility to provide
leadership for all shifts.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree is a plus but not required.
- 6+ years of experience in high volume, 100K Sq. Ft.+
- 2+ years direct management experience of 2 direct reports and
- Strong analytical and process improvement experience.
- Inbound, outbound, inventory control and transportation
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- Proven success in employee engagement.
- Ability to collaborate and build key relationships with key
- SAP or similar warehouse management software experience.
- MS Office proficiency, strong MS Excel.Perks of working for HD
- We're growing!
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental,
- Attractive 401K Match.
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Annual Management Incentive Opportunities.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Equity Eligible!Job SummaryResponsiblefor the operational
management of a large, complex single distribution center
(typically Distribution Center classified as DC 4), to provide
Best-In-Class Customer Service. Leads multiple managers or
supervisors who are overseeing the work and productivity of DC
associates. This position may have multi-department or multi-unit
responsibility. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Provides departmental input to DCM (Distribution Center
Manager) and operations managers for development of operating plans
for warehouse and transportation operations in support of
organizational goals including facility, equipment and staff.
- Selects, develops, and manages performance of direct and
indirect reports. Shares responsibility with the DCM for
operational metrics and talent activities.
- Identifies departmental financial resources necessary to
support operating plan and provide cost justification for
departmental spending; participates with DCM in the development of
department operating budgets.
- Assists with the development of strategic plans and customer
service-related objectives for continuous improvements, seasonal
events, and operational changes.
- Ability to use data and analytics to provides process
improvement recommendations to assigned functions or departments.
Implements and executes on process improvement action plans
(especially for productivity and quality) within departments within
- Leads associates and managers to be fully compliant with all
EHS, legal, and HR policies and regulations.
- Responsible for leading team of operations managers and/or
assistant managers with talent and engagement activities including,
but not limited to, recognition, training, coaching and taking
appropriate corrective action when warranted.
- May oversee multiple departments within a region as the
business need indicates.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles, and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+
years of experience in a related field. May require certification.
Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.For
CA, CO, CT, MD, NJ, NV, NY, OH, RI, WA Job Seekers:Pay
Range$115,100.00-$175,600.00 AnnualHDS provides the following
benefits to all permanent full-time associates:
- Medical (with Prescription drug coverage), dental, and vision
- Health care and Dependent Care FSA (as applicable)
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Holiday, Vacation, Personal Time, and Wellness Day
- Paid Sick Time
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption and Surrogacy AssistanceCA, CO, CT, MD, NJ, NV, NY,
OH, RI, WA law requires the posting of the potential salary range
for advertised jobs. Individual base pay is determined based on a
variety of elements including market data, experience, skills,
internal equity and other factors.Equal Employment OpportunityHD
Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HD Supply, Auburn , Senior Distribution Center Operations Manager, Executive , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...