Registered Nurse - White Center Specialty Clinic
Company: Sea Mar Community Health Centers
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health
Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization
committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human,
housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities,
specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar
proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity,
immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless
of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services
includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health
clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational
services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Registered Nurse for White Center Specialty Clinic - Posting
#20577: Seeking a Full-time Registered Nurse for our White Center
Specialty Clinic. The RN is responsible for all special procedures
limited to licensed nursing personnel as ordered by patient's
provider and/or those procedures covered by current standing
orders. The RN may assist in the management of patient flow issues,
consultation, rooming patients, assisting providers in procedures
and phone messages. The RN will be required to follow other
instructions and to perform other duties as assigned by his\her
supervisor. Team oriented. Works collaboratively with all other
healthcare team members to provide the best outcomes for the
patients and the organization. The RN shall focus on, lead, perform
and create excellent outcomes for the Clinical Quality
Responsibilities related to patient care:
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span.
- Able to identify and categorize each patient's age-specific
grouping of needs, such as those for infant, adolescent, or
- The RN is responsible for leading, collecting, and performing
Clinical Quality Measures for every patient at an average of 21
patients per day. This includes patients being seen in the clinic
as well as outreach to patients who have yet to be seen.
Responsible for management of nurse visit encounters. These will
include fast-track immunizations; annual employee screenings,
immigration follow ups, blood pressure checks, diabetic checks,
non-stress test for OB patients, pregnancy confirmations,
Depo-Provera injections and others as developed following standing
- The RN must be able to perform special procedures such as
obtaining IV access for adults, blood draws, and pediatric and
adult urinary catheterization. Also, he/she is required to
administer IM, SubQ, and intradermal injections, rectal, oral, and
inhaled medications as ordered by the provider and/or using
- The RN may be required to room patients and assist providers in
- Facilitate emergency referrals according to the utilization
management guidelines when the referral coordinator is
- Coordinate transfer of acute patients when ordered by provider
to the appropriate facility e.g. emergency room.
- The RN will be the "floating" troubleshooter and resource
person for the pods to assure that all scheduled patients are seen
in a reasonable amount of time and to assure that those without
appointments are assisted appropriately. He/She will act as a
liaison between the different pods to facilitate patient scheduling
of a same day appointment when one pod has no more available
- The RN will be responsible in the efficient and organized
coordination of personnel in the case of an emergency, i.e., a
- The RN will provide support to the pods to assess the level of
acuity of walk-in patients and callers and determine the
appropriate management of symptoms according to established
protocols, standing orders and medical provider advice.
- When patients are determined a priority due to abnormal vital
signs, the RN will contact the provider immediately and institute
emergency medical intervention as necessary.
- The RN will utilize written protocols, the Medical Director and
other providers when situations are complex or when referrals to
emergency room are required.
- The RN must document every patient interaction according to Sea
Mar protocol and policy.Other Responsibilities are:
- Help assure patients are being seen in a safe and timely
- Assist in the training of new nursing staff members.
- Respect the culturally diverse backgrounds of Sea Mar patients
- Assure that equipment and supplies in medicine cabinets and
procedure rooms are well stocked, maintained and locked when clinic
- The RN will work closely with the Nurse Manager and Nursing
Supervisors in assisting with administrative duties. These duties
may include, but are not limited to, quality assessment,
improvement and assurance activities, medication inventory,
supplies, biohazards, infection control and audits.
- Ensure that medication administration is documented according
- Ensure medication storage, maintenance, dispensation and waste
logs are maintained in accordance with Sea Mar policies and
- Ensure quality controls are performed and documented as
- Demonstrate proficiency in the nursing parameters of the MISYS
- Demonstrates knowledge, proficiency and compliance with
regulatory requirements including, but not limited to: JCAHO, NPSG,
Department of Health, HEDIS, PET and contractual obligations.
- The RN may be required to lead a pod in the event of a
supervisor's vacation or absence on a temporary basis in accordance
with union contract.
- The RN may occasionally be asked to travel to another Sea Mar
site to assist with staffing needs.
- The employee will receive travel time, mileage and
wages.Personnel and Performance Metrics:
- Adhere to schedule and be prepared to provide services by 8am
- Provider services using AIDET skills at all times
- Complete quality care gaps for 100% of patients treated
- Provide services to a minimum of ten patients a day
- Strongly support Follow My Health enrolment
- Close chart notes within 24 hours of service
- Must be able to support an average of 21 patient visits a day
for a full days schedule per provider (MD) and an average of 18
patient visits per day per provider (ARNP/PA).Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- The person in this position must be of good character and be
able to maintain the understanding, physical health, emotional
stability and personality suited to meet the physical, mental,
emotional, and social needs of the population served.
- Excellent patient assessment skills are necessary.
- He/She must possess an interest and the ability to work with
patient groups across the life span.
- An understanding of managed health care is desired.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- He/She must have the ability to read and write proficiently in
English with excellent chart documentation skills. Proficiency in
both English and Spanish is preferred, and may be required based on
ethnic population of the clinic. He/She must possess good
communication skills with variable types of people and situations
and be able to interact sensitively and appropriately with people
of diverse backgrounds.
- He/She must be able to calculate medication dosages and do
simple conversions e.g. lbs. to kg's.
- He/She must have demonstrated ability to make decisions
independently and to seek assistance when appropriate. He/She must
demonstrate a strong sense of medical priority. He/She must have
the ability to solve practical problems, and interpret a variety of
instructions provided whether in written, oral, diagram, or
- He/She must be able to anticipate the needs of the patient,
provider and clinical unit according to presentation and available
resources.Education and/or License requirements:
- The RN must have graduated from an accredited college or
university. RN, BSN or equivalent is desired.
- Must be licensed in the State of Washington to practice as a
- Previous ambulatory care and consultation experience
- He/she must have experience working with a wide range of
patient age groups and health concerns.
- He/She must be licensed to practice as a RN in the state of
Washington. He/She must attain the state mandated HIV
- This position must obtain Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR within
90 days of hire date and is required to maintain current BLS CPR
throughout employment.What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to
work in a dynamic and growing community health organization.
Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a
job, it's a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement.
Full-time employees working 30 hours or more, receive an excellent
benefit package of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance,
Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employee
Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 27 days per year +
10 paid Holidays..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Sea Mar Community Health Centers, Auburn , Registered Nurse - White Center Specialty Clinic, Healthcare , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!