Health & Safety Analyst
Company: JELD-WEN, Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
American Building Supply (ABS) , a subsidiary of Jeld Wen, and
one of the Nation's largest wholesale suppliers of Doors, Door
Hardware, Windows, and Millwork is currently seeking a Health &
Safety Analyst to specialize in the Environmental Health and Safety
of our Distribution and/or Manufacturing facilities.
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Analyst will coordinate
the site environmental, health and safety initiatives. They will
assist site leadership with establishing site specific policies and
standards to ensure compliance with regulatory and JELD-WEN Global
EH&S requirements, prevent injuries & illnesses, reduce
workers' compensation cost and help create a strong EH&S
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifying environmental, health & safety risks and hazards in
the workplace and implementing prevention programs.
- Advising site leaders and employees on how to minimize risks
and hazards in the workplace and improve environmental, health &
- Assisting the site in complying with applicable environmental,
health & safety requirements.
- Training site employees on environmental, health & safety
requirements and the EH&S management system.
- Assisting sites with implementing JELD-WEN EH&S programs,
policies & standards, and EH&S management system.
- Training line managers to recognize hazards and risks and
leading the line organization in identifying and controlling
hazards and risks.
- Conducting environmental, health & safety inspections in the
- Managing emergency procedures (such as fire alarm drills).
- Offering general environmental, health & safety advice to all
- Reporting injuries, illnesses and near misses to the corporate
environmental, health & safety department and business
- Establishing site specific EH&S reports and communicating
performance with the site leadership.
- Maintaining accurate EH&S records applicable for the site,
e.g. OSHA injury & illness logs, environmental permits and testing,
training documentation, equipment inspection records, etc.
- Tracking environmental, health & safety inspection and audit
findings to closure.
- Assisting the plant manager with establishing and maintaining a
site environmental, health & safety council.
- Sharing environmental, health & safety lessons learned and
encourage a learning culture on environmental, health &
- Partnering closely with all site leaders to create, maintain
and improve our safety environment.
- BS Safety Engineering, Safety Sciences, Engineering or
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Certified Industrial
Hygienist (CIH) preferred.
- 1-2 years of environmental, health & safety experience in a
- Strong communication, presentation, training and facilitation,
project management skills are essential.
- Proficiency in LEAN and Continuous Improvement manufacturing
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Process safety management experience desired.
- Exemplary customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze safety & health data.
ABS takes pride in providing a supportive, employee-friendly
environment. Our total compensation package includes health
insurance, paid vacation and a 401(k) retirement plan with company
match. While this helps us attract good people, our culture helps
us keep them. We truly care about our employees and want your
experience with us to be positive and rewarding.
JELD-WEN is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing
an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. To
ensure the safety and health of our employees, JELD-WEN maintains a
drug-free work environment.
Keywords: JELD-WEN, Inc., Auburn , Health & Safety Analyst, Healthcare , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!