WHO ARE WE
LMI is a world-class leader in designing, building and
manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for
commercial, business and regional, and military aerospace
customers. We employ engineering, manufacturing and testing experts
throughout the United States and the rest of the world. Our
integrated team approach and full life cycle of capabilities enable
our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities
for career growth within our organization.
Acts in the role as the main customer contact and the resident
expert for each assigned customer regarding; contract requirements,
reviewing and aligning schedules to meet our customer's needs,
responsible for maintaining a constant supply of components to
customer and to the final assembly department, managing of
lead-times, etc. Also serves in the role as LMI's "good will
ambassador", liaison and problem solver for the customer. This role
also works to ensures 100% on time delivery through proactive
management of each sales order. In all actions support LMI's
Quality Policy, Mission Statement and other LMI policies and
procedures by supporting our commitment to total customer
satisfaction, quality products and services, lean processes,
continuous improvement, on-time delivery, safety, teaming,
individual accountability and respect for people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Customer Focal for all customer questions, concerns and problem
- Problem solves and thinks lean in all aspects of your
- Liaison between the customer and plant personnel
- Be knowledgeable of your customer's products and services.
- Maneuver and actively work customer websites/reports.
- Perform analytic tasks to balance components and material
availability to ensure timely completion of assemblies.
- Perform analytic tasks to balance details and sub-assembly and
material availability to ensure timely completion of
- Coordinate material availability by working with buyer/planner
to ensure that parts and materials (sub-assembly and/or final
assembly) are available to support the Material Requirements
- Identifies and communicates parts shortages.
- Reviews and takes necessary actions on the daily Order Change
(OC) and Purchase Order (PO) reports.
- Negotiating due dates when on-time delivery is in jeopardy
- At the direction of Supervisor or Managers, this position is
responsible for data loading and maintenance of MRP.
- At the direction of Supervisor or Manager, this position is
responsible for "upon request" statistical analysis.
- At the direction of Supervisor or Manager, this position will
execute the transactions necessary to "expedite or de-expedite" WO
within the MRP Schedule or planning horizon.
- Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others
ideas and tries new things.
- Work well under pressure; meeting multiple & sometimes
competing deadlines. At all times, demonstrate cooperative and
civil behavior with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
- Have a good understanding of your customers build rates and
what is going on with your customers in the business world.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Become knowledgeable of and follow company procedures.
Support other team positions as required.
- Follow all job tools available and applicable to the job and
the plant including SP's, Work instructions, Modules, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed to meet LMI
Aerospace, Inc. growth and customer expectations.
- Cross train and support customer service team objectives, as
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education And / Or Experience
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college
or technical school; one year related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Material/production control experience within a manufacturing
Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
required. Fluent in English; written and verbal.
- Computer skills required include: Job Scope Manufacturing
software, Microsoft word, and excel
Ability to successfully participate as a member of a team.
- Have the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Have the ability to learn quickly.
- Effectively exercise discretion and independent judgment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Flexibility to work overtime as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
WHY CHOOSE LMI AEROSPACE?
We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan - for access to counseling, consulting
and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
Subject to eligibility, terms, and conditions
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions
of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible
job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities,
tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job
description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This
document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the
Company are employed on an "at will" basis and may be terminated at
LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with
applicable law, LMI provides access and opportunities to those with
disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to
access the company's online application system. If an applicant is
unable to fully access the online application system, LMI will
provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities
may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line
application system. Callers should have a detailed description of
the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of
contact ready for LMI's Human Resources Department. LMI will make
every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone
number is not for the general submission of application
LMI is an E-Verify Employer.
LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative