Service Ops Assistant Manager 4483 Auburn
Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Service Ops Assistant Manager 4483 Auburn
Job Title: Service Operations Assistant
Reports to: Service Operations Mgr.
Salaried or Hourly: Hourly
Job Code: 001188, 100638
Department: Front End
Date: March 2015
Position Purpose: Provides excellent customer service and
ensures that all customers receive fast, friendly, accurate
checkout service by passionately implementing the spirit of
customer first, second to none. Assists with the operations and
supervision of the front end. Responsible for the completion of the
daily reconciliation funds handling and other recording and
balancing functions. Provides accurate records of store sales and
related transactions while supporting store sales and overall
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to
meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer
relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of
customer complaints. Promotes Albertson's philosophy of
- Assists with the direction and supervision of front-end
operations, monitors and directs customer traffic flow, coverage of
checkout lanes, cleanliness and appearance. Directs front end
activities with regards to productivity. Ensures compliance with
Company policies and front end procedures (i.e. promotions,
suggestive sales, scan accuracy, WIC, restricted sales, dress
standards, check acceptance, coupon policy, gift cards sales,
associate sales, safety, loss prevention, etc.) May complete all
phases of the reconciliation process as directed by the Customer
Service/Operations Manager including balancing the safe, registers,
and entering and balancing all sales and cash transactions. May
perform bookkeeping duties including running totals on all tills,
preparing and proofing daily deposit slips, completing all front
end forms, balancing accounts receivable, and mailing statements to
customers. Maintains sales book. Reports daily and/or weekly sales
information to the Division Office.
- May perform miscellaneous administrative duties such as
ordering money orders, bus passes, lottery, gift
certificates/cards, postage and change (if applicable). Balances
money orders, money transfers, gift certificates and lottery, and
maintains control logs.
- May assist with the scheduling and training of front end
associates. May assist in the implementation of emergency
procedures in the event of computer and equipment
- Ensures scanning file problems are corrected in a timely manner
and Front-end equipment is operational.
- Answers and responds to incoming calls accurately. Handles
- Handles and assists with accountability for cash flow
requirements including: safe transactions, issues and pickups,
tills, check acceptance and refunds, and monitoring cashier funds
handling procedures. Ensures scanning file problems are corrected
in a timely manner.
- May serve as liaison between shared services and the store.
Reviews, audits and files associate time cards or computer records.
Inputs payroll corrections, sets up new associate files, monitors
and inputs associate information such as rate of pay, vacation,
sick time and other personal benefits. Maintains all time &
attendance reports. Prepares weekly payroll worksheets or computer
reports. Coordinates and tracks leave paperwork, including leave of
absences, reinstatements, termination forms, etc.
- Ability to operate related job aids such as calculators,
computers, telephones, facsimile machine, check encoders, cash
register, electronic pay terminal and point-of-sales
- Responsible for cost and quality control and maintaining a
constant awareness of customer and employee safety.
- Enforces dress and grooming standards for all front end
- Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities
accurate, safely and with honesty and integrity.
- Serves as overflow cashier as needed. Engages in suggestive
selling and other sales techniques. Prevents shrink and sale of out
of code product.
- Ability to present a positive image to the public.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning associates and store sales
- Other necessary and required duties as directed or
Skills and Physical Requirements:
- Strong communication, leadership, team building and
interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain composure under
pressure. Ability to deal with the public and project a positive
- Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of
varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 55 lbs.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot PCs and checkstand
equipment such as printers, scales, public announcement equipment,
scanners, and cash registers.
- Knowledge of basic employment law and the analytical ability to
handle administrative details such as planning and scheduling.
Ability to supervise. Ability to analyze and gather facts for
recommending disciplinary action.
- A good understanding of company practices and in-depth
understanding of front end policies and procedures, and the ability
to judge and react to business activity.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate
completion of work activities. Knowledge of product variety and
perishability, safety and sanitation procedures, and department
policies and procedures.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to equipment
and work aids necessary to perform job duties.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and weights and measures.
- Working conditions consists of a temperature controlled store
- Occasional exposure to outdoor environment with varying
Safety -- Sensitive Position:
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect
the safety or health of the employee performing the task or
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of work performed by employees assigned to this job. If you have
questions regarding your ability to physically perform the listed
job duties and requirements -- e.g. lifting, standing, bending,
etc. - please speak to your Store Director. All team members must
comply with Company, Division, and Store policies and applicable
laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel
so classified may vary within each store and from store to
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Auburn , Service Ops Assistant Manager 4483 Auburn, Other , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!