GAMING LICENSE REQUIRED: Class III A
POSITION REPORTS TO: Security Shift Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The Security Officer performs protective and
enforcement duties to ensure the safety of guests and team members
and the security of property assets, responding to emergency
conditions, such as fire, safety hazards, threats to life and/or
property, etc. Patrols the interior and perimeter of the casino to
observe and identify potential safety and/or security risks and/or
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The statements describe
the general nature and level of work only. They are not an
exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and
skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be
amended, at any time.
1.Practice, support and promote the Mission, Vision and Values
of Muckleshoot Casino.
2.Observe and respond to emergencies, incidents, procedure
violations, criminal, and other activities as they occur.
3.Interact with guests, vendors, suppliers, and team members to
maintain a safe and friendly environment.
4.Safeguards property assets.
5.Responsible for proper handling of confidential information,
reports, incidents, and materials.
6.Provide positive guest relations by assisting guests, vendors,
suppliers, and team members as requested, needed, and required.
7.Attend and participate in various training programs, such as
CPR, first aid, and defensive tactics.
8.Create, maintain and facilitate a positive work
9.Neat, clean and professional appearance required at all
10.Smile and engage Guests and Team Members with a positive
11.Document and prepare accurate and complete written records
and reports in response to incidents, procedure violations, or
criminal activities as responded to, observed and/or witnessed.
12.Perform other duties as assigned.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS (required/preferred):
- Must have and maintain a valid Washington State Driver's
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING FOR POSITION
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Formal security or law enforcement training, schooling or
certification required; related on the job experience may be
considered in lieu of formal training.
- Previous security, military or civilian police officer training
and/or experience preferred.
- Six (6) months experience as a Parking Lot Attendant for the
Muckleshoot Casino will meet required security or law enforcement
ON-SITE TEST REQUIRED: All tests are either distributed in
person at the Human Resources Office or distributed during the
- Written report skills test.
- Applicants will be required to successfully pass a "physical
exam" to determine physically capability of performing the required
tasks of the position.
SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Demonstrate ability to learn, comprehend and follow detailed
security manual procedures and instructions.
- Proven ability to document incidents and write up reports in an
accurate and legible manner.
- Demonstrate ability to work with and maintain confidential
- Physical ability to perform security officer duties.
- Proven effective communication skills both orally and in
writing. Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, awareness, and problem-solving
ability in every aspect of duties.
- Must portray an assertive, confident, and professional attitude
when interacting with guests and team members.
- Capable of enforcing rules and regulations with diplomacy and
- Proven ability to maintain composure during stressful
- Utilize portable radio or cell phone to be in constant contact
for the Department as needed.
- Working knowledge of health & safety standards, and safety
regulations as required.
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended period of time, or
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by a team member to successfully perform essential
functions of this job. Shift work, holidays, weekends, or nights
may be assigned.
Ability to maneuver in all areas of casino, ascent/descent from
stairs, frequent standing, walking, sitting, reaching, stooping,
kneeling or crouching, and/or prolonged periods of time focusing on
tasks. Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. May regularly need to lift/
move, push or pull up material or boxes necessary to the job
functions, with or without assistance.
Specific vision ability includes close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Visual
acuity to discern and examine text, graphics, color and symmetry.
Speech to communicate clearly, express ideas and convey information
in an understandable manner. Ability to hear for listening
comprehension and to understand ideas presented through spoken
words and sentences. Manual dexterity to operate office or required
equipment and examine or update documents, records, data,
instructions, logs, and files.
MENTAL Social perceptiveness to assess and understand other's
reactions and behavior. Critical thinking to use logic and
reasoning, reach conclusions/solutions. Comprehension in assessing,
analyzing, and processing alpha, numeric, and visual data and
completing required tasks or documents accurately. Ability to
tolerate stress and conduct tasks under critical deadlines. Ability
to concentrate on task over a period of time without being
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those a team member encounters while
performing functions of his/her job and in areas monitored by
security or surveillance cameras. Work in casino operations and/or
internal or external environments. Exposure to second hand smoke,
moderate to high noise level, bright lights, fluctuating
temperatures or weather conditions. Work is performed inside and
outside the property with exposure to inclement weather and
unpredictable crisis situations.
- This list of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the
minimums ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions
and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply
that all positions within the class perform all of the duties
listed as the maximum expectation, nor does it necessarily list all
possible duties that may be assigned.
- Success in this position will require ongoing knowledge and
application of Company driven performance indicators that include
but are not limited to interpersonal and communication skills,
change leadership and teamwork, customer service and satisfaction,
attendance and punctuality, integrity and dependability.
- All duties shall be performed in accordance with Muckleshoot
Casino's policies & procedures, internal control standards, and
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.