Dental Assistant II - $1,000.00 Signing Bonus
Location: HealthPoint Auburn
Employment Type: Full-time; 40hrs/week
Would you like to have a career that makes a daily difference in
people's lives? Do you want to be part of a caring, respectful,
diverse community? If you answered yes to these questions, keep
HealthPoint is a community-based, community-supported and
community-governed network of non-profit health centers dedicated
to providing expert, high-quality care to all who need it,
regardless of circumstances. Founded in 1971, we believe that the
quality of your health care should not depend on how much money you
make, what language you speak or what your health is, because
everyone deserves great care.
The Dental Assistant II is responsible for patient preparation,
chair side support to dental providers, dental hygienist,
sterilization and clinic flow.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Greet and prepare patients for exams by identifying patient's
chief complaint and taking vitals.
- Access and update patient information in Electronic Dental
Record (EDR) and Electronic Practice Management (EPM) computer
system as required.
- Provide chair side assistance to dental providers with exams
and procedures including, but not limited to, prophylaxis, root
canals, restorative, crowns and bridges.
- Perform digital imaging, prophylaxis, sealants, provide
telephone refilling of medications. Record medication refills in
- Provide instructions to patients on the use of medications as
directed by the provider.
- Provide instruction in home care and give general health
information as directed by a provider.
- Sterilize used equipment, instruments and operatories following
OSHA, WISHA guidelines. Prepare and stock operatories at the start
and throughout each day.
- Act as liaison between receptionists and providers ensuring
timely and orderly patient flow throughout the clinic.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient medical/dental records,
financial, and personal information.
Must have's you'll need to be successful:
- Certificate from accredited Dental Assistant program and/or 1
to 2 years of related dental experience.
- Maintain current registration/licensure with the State of
- Possesses basic operating knowledge of computers. Beginning
level of Word, Excel and Outlook required.
Proof of immunity to varicella, measles, mumps and rubella is a
condition of employment. Prospective employees must provide proof
at time of offer.
If you know about the following it's a plus:
- Recent experience with an electronic dental record (EDR) and
electronic practice management application strongly desired.
HealthPoint is committed to offering all employees a competitive
compensation, benefits and several other perks.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous PTO Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Opportunity Time Off (extended time off for staff to invest in
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Voluntary plans at a discount, such as life insurance and
identity theft insurance
- Third Party Perks Discounted Movie Tickets, Travel, Hotels, and
- Growth Opportunities
To learn more about HealthPoint, go to www.healthpointchc.org!
It is the policy of HealthPoint to afford equal opportunity for
employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, marital status,
military status, sexual orientation, because of sensory, physical,
or metal disability, genetic information, gender identity or any
other factor protected by local, state or federal law, and to
prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these