Director of CDC Operations & Logistics
Company: Sonepar USA
Posted on: June 9, 2021
About North Coast Electric
North Coast Electric for your career path partners is a great
choice, opening a world of possibilities to you! We are leaders in
the electrical industry, providing quality products and service to
our customers from branch locations throughout Oregon and
Washington. Our Associates are the heart of our business. We are
always looking for talented, energetic and passionate people to
fill our open positions. North Coast is a subsidiary of Sonepar
USA, part of the global Sonepar family.
Stay up to date with North Coast, follow us on Facebook,
Twitter, and LinkedIn
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid
Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Holidays, Health Reimbursement Accounts,
Healthy Lifestyles Reimbursement, Educational Financial Assistance,
Employee Discounts and more.
North Coast Electric, A Sonepar Company - Powered by
- Develops and implements strategies for driving automation and
increased productivity in the CDC working with other leaders to
optimize the entire distribution network.
- Evaluates overall strategy of Logistics, transportation, and
safety based on current process and future demands. Set strategy as
appropriate to maximize and grow overall logistics, inventory
placement optimization, transportation, and safety.
- Provides strategic leadership for the development and
implementation of consistent processes, and necessary technology
solutions related to Logistics.
- Ability to develop warehouse and DC network optimization
designs and perform network studies & analysis.
- Evaluates overall strategic plan to advance North Coast's
Safety mission and objectives to ensure a safe and healthy work
environment in compliance with local, state, federal regulations,
and company policy.
- Participates in the Operations Excellence Team striving to
improve processes, identify errors, eliminate waste, and assure
customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
- Works with Sonepar Logistics Specialist to develop warehouse,
and network optimization designs, and perform network studies and
- Ability to balance long range strategic Logistics initiatives
while executing on shorter term, practical efforts that have an
immediate and visible impact.
- Leverages partnership with other business leaders and support
teams for alignment with the vision and goals of Logistics
in-order-to introduce new solutions and products to enhance
customer experience, grow market share, and provide end-to-end
solutions for our customers.
- Builds relationships with key customers (internal and external)
and ensure Logistics is consistently meeting or exceeding
- Oversees all logistics outbound transportation processes,
participate in the negotiation of domestic shippers and parcel
freight programs; leverage volume to reduce shipping costs with
FedEx, UPS, and USPS.
- Develops team culture, mentor, and coach all direct reports.
Help develop organizational capacity and build future leaders for
- Collaborates with key business partners to initiate and
implement technologies that drive efficiency and effectiveness
within picking, storing, and routing processes.
- Undertakes special projects as assigned dependent upon
knowledge or experience.
Minimum Qualifications & Expectations:
- Working knowledge of NCE Computer System and completion of or
enrollment into EDGE training
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or Business
Management, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years management experience in positions with increasing
- Proven experience in leading and operating Distribution Centers
of 150,000-350,000 SF, preferably within wholesale, retail or 3rd
Party Logistics Fulfillment. This should include experience with
warehouse automation solutions.
- Proficient in DOT Regulations; FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier
Safety Administration) compliance; and OSHA regulations.
- Strategic thinker and hands-on problem solver that possesses
integrity and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively delegate and build a
culture of accountability for results
- Proven ability to develop, lead, and culturally drive an
environment of high productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Demonstrated change agent in implementing Lean principles, TQM,
Kaizen, and/or Six Sigma, and other warehousing best
- High level of business acumen, including creating and managing
a budget, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to
deal effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to consolidate operational details and effectively
communicate to high-level stakeholders.
- Ability to achieve business results through influence,
executive presence, strategic thinking, and effective
- Proficient use of MS Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook,
Power Point, and Internet.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Warehouse and office.
- Frequent use of phone, computer, and period use of automated
- Able to travel as needed.
This job description is a general description of essential job
functions. It is not intended as an employment contract nor is it
intended to describe all duties someone in this position may
perform. North Coast Electric Company is an Equal Employment
Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All decisions pertaining
to hiring, transfers and promotions will be made regardless of
gender, age, race, or any other protected classification.
Keywords: Sonepar USA, Auburn , Director of CDC Operations & Logistics, Other , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!