Occupational Safety Health Analyst
Posted on: July 21, 2021
The NISC IV program is seeking an Occupational Safety Health
Analyst to join Leidos.
The selected candidate will:
- Identifies hazardous workplace conditions and takes preliminary
samples and measurements of hazardous forces and toxic substances,
removes hazards and/or protects employees by guarding, revising
work procedures, and training or requiring use of protective
clothing and personal protective equipment.
- Takes effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions
comply with applicable federal and state occupational safety and
health standard provisions of any labor agreement, ensuring that
all required records are prepared and maintained.
- Participates in Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA) inspections and in any procedures that may follow a
- Investigates, prepares, and forwards as required reports on
injuries and fatalities.
- Conducts safe work procedures training courses.
- This position will support the Federal Aviation Administration
(FAA), Air Traffic Organization (ATO), Western Service Area (WSA)
Environmental, Occupational Safety & Health (EOSH) Program and
assist the District Safety and Environmental Compliance Managers
(SECMs) in providing EOSH support to Airway Facilities (AF)
personnel within the Seattle (SEA) District Office.
- The candidate will support the customer’s Asbestos, Lead,
Environmental Compliance, OSH Compliance, Confined Space, Fall
Protection, Safety Training, Drinking Water, Indoor Air Quality
(IAQ), and Pandemic Support programs.
- The candidate will participate in EOSH investigations related
to potential accidental releases, mishaps, and employee complaints,
as requested by the Safety & Environmental Compliance Manager
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Auburn, WA
(once temporary Pandemic related remote work is over or when asked
to return to the office).
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Must have experience in one of the following areas:
Occupational Safety and Health (OSH); Industrial Hygienist (IH);
and/or Implementation of FAA EOSH regulations.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft
Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office
and MS Power Point.
- The position requires the candidate to travel approximately 25%
– 50% within the Seattle District, primarily the states of
Washington, Oregon, and Idaho.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of relevant experience
OR Master’s with 2 plus years of relevant experience
OR additional years of relevant exempt professional
experience may be considered/accepted in lieu of degree.
- A Certified Safety Professional (CSP) would be nice to have,
but is not required.
- At a minimum, the selected candidate should have experience
and/or be certified in the following areas: Asbestos
Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) / Certified Lead
Professional; Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
(HAZWOPER); able to be fit-tested and wear respirator, and be
enrolled in Respiratory Protection Program (if hired); able to
provide Pandemic support; meet all requirements necessary to climb
structures and oversee Fall Protection Program; Confined Space
assessment and program administration experience; Forklift Operator
Experience, and Forklift Instructor; and Aerial Lift Operator, and
Aerial Lift Instructor.
- The selected candidate will have highly developed presentation
skills, comfortable conducting training classes, self-motivated and
proactive team player, and excellent written and oral communication
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving
some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and
technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more
Our Civil Group offers an array of
exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics
and engineering professionals.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our
employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary
e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an
Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work
place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of
the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute
for the third consecutive year.
is growing! Connect with
us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Environmental Health And Safety
Keywords: Leidos, Auburn , Occupational Safety Health Analyst, Other , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!