NC Multiple Tool Milling Machine Operators
Posted on: September 20, 2022
NC Multiple Tool & Milling Machine OperatorsCompany:The Boeing
CompanyJob ID:00000323442Date Posted:2022-08-31-07:00Location:USA -
Auburn, WAJob Description Qualifications:The Boeing Company is
looking for NC Multiple Tool & Milling Machine Operators to join
our team supporting Boeing Commercial Airplanes based out of
Auburn, WA!NC machine operators setup, operate and adjust numerous
types of Numerically Controlled (NC) single and multiple tool
milling machines, utilizing pre-planned control media and/or
program documents to fabricate close tolerance, high quality parts
from various types of metals. Employment in this position also
requires finger manipulation, handling, lifting less than 10
pounds, standing, walking, contact with metals, exposure to noise
and atmospheric conditions, and the use of personal safety gear for
face/eye, hand/arm, ears and feet.Position Responsibilities:
- Prepare to set-up job (e.g., production orders, first lots,
tool tryouts) or run previously set-up job by reviewing work order,
tie-in sheets, operator's or setup documents, blueprints or CATIA
- Ensure that correct material (type and quantity) and tools or
fixtures were issued and are free from visible defects.
- Identify type of set-up required.
- Check machine set-up and/or parts completed by previous
operator to determine progress on a job and ensure safe working
conditions, as required.
- Select machine accessories and holding devises (e.g., chucks,
vises, turntables, templates, probes).
- Verify that apparatus is in good condition.
- Identify fixtures, shop aids, or templates to be built and
fabricate as required.
- Attach machine accessories, tools, fixtures (e.g. coolant
lines, air nozzles, suction devises), shop aides, and gears using
dial indicators, edge finders, wrenches, bolts, clamps, and
- Retrieve and download CNC programs to machine controller using
computing equipment and downloading from various servers/data
- Select and check cutting tools per program or CNC
- Ensure cutters are the correct type, length, diameter, radius,
and are in good condition.
- Load and unload cutters following program information or set-up
documents, using tool holders, spindle tapers, hand tools (e.g.
wrenches, mallets, spanners) and/or overhead cranes.
- Set machine coordinates or index points per CNC documents,
including cutter offset/compensations, tool heights, and probes,
using controller keyboard, coax indicator or digital readout;
height blocks, shims and edge finders.
- Run CNC programs to machine rough and precision cut parts
following NC documents.
- Adjust machine settings (e.g. speeds and feeds) to correct
machining problems or to prepare machine for next operation in
sequence, including; head, spindle, or wheel angles.
- Perform minor editing of CNC programs per shop
- Remove all sharp edges from part with a de-burring tool and/or
file, as required.
- Perform Statistical Process Control (SPC) functions as
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials (e.g., coolants,
solvents) in approved manner (per Material Safety Data Sheets)
using personal protective equipment as required.
- Monitor machine during operation for unusual vibration or
sounds, watch machine gauges and controller display or digital
readout for warnings, visually check cutter path, clearance, chips
to ensure smooth operation.
- Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or
completed job to ensure parts are complete per drawing and that
there are no defects (e.g., tool marks, mismatch, incorrect cutter
- Maintain personal and tool certifications, as required.This
position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will
be required to work onsite at one of the listed location
options.This position must meet Export Control compliance
requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. -
120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful
permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. Basic Qualifications
- Basic computer skills
- 3+ years of experience as an NC machinist
- 1+ years of experience working with detailed work instructions
or reading and interpreting blueprints and drawingsPreferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- High school diploma or GED preferred.Typical Education:High
school diploma or GED preferred.Relocation:This position is located
in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live
in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.Shift:This
position is for 2nd shift.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Other
Relevant Information & Requirements:
- This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective
- Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland
must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in
the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing
employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be
considered.Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and
leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and
security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled
scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and
you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and
for the world.Relocation:No relocation availableExport Control
Requirement:Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive
positionContingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not
contingent upon program awardExperience Level:HourlyJob
Type:RegularJob Code:C4608-029Equal Employment Opportunity:Stay
safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position
at Boeing is via our Careers website.Learn how to protect yourself
from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud WarningBoeing is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability,
genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview
Accommodations Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy EEO is the law
Poster - EEO is the lawBoeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and
Harassment Boeing Participates in E - Verify
- English - E-Verify (English)
- Spanish - E-Verify (Spanish) Right to Work Statement
- English - Right to Work (English)
- Spanish - Right to Work (Spanish)
Keywords: Boeing, Auburn , NC Multiple Tool Milling Machine Operators, Other , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!