Posted on: March 8, 2023
Eligible for $1000.00 sign on bonus! -Pharmacy assistants
provide support to the pharmacists and technicians by stocking,
counting and other non-technical duties. May also dispense safe,
effective medications to patients, prescription packaging and
parcel management. Duties are performed under the direct
supervision of a licensed pharmacist.Essential
- Performs functions that support the pharmacists and technicians
in the daily workflow of the pharmacy including prepackaging and
labeling medications; stocking shelves; counting and pouring
medications from stock bottles that have been pulled by licensed or
certified staff; filing prescriptions; inventory functions;
releasing refill medications and OTC products to patients;
processing requests for refills when no changes are needed;
handling non-professional phone calls including refill requests
from patients; calling prescribers to obtain refill authorization,
and prescription packaging and parcel management.
- Ensures patient safety by identifying opportunities to prevent
unusual occurrences; consistently performing safety checks when
dispensing medications; and taking appropriate steps to resolve and
report unusual occurrences.
- Demonstrates dedication to evidence-based medicine by staying
current on clinical initiatives and priorities.
- Supports and enhances Patient-centered Care efforts by
facilitating patient-focused care through a collaborative team
approach with patients, pharmacy staff, and other health care
professionals.Basic Qualifications: -Experience
- N/A. -Education
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required. -License, Certification, Registration
- Pharmacy Assistant License (Washington) required at hire
- Ability to use available resources and tools efficiently and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify specified issues and bring to attention of
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- May be required to travel to other Kaiser Foundation Health
Plan of Washington locations as needed. -Preferred
- Experience in a pharmacy environment.
- One (1) year of experience working in a customer service
- Some college coursework.
- Knowledge of managed care health systems and evidence-based
medicine theories.Job Schedule: Job Category: Pharmacy
Keywords: Kaiser, Auburn , Pharmacy Assistant, Other , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...