N0309 - General Machinist
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.The Boeing Company is seeking
General Machinist to join our team supporting Boeing Commercial
Airplanes in Auburn, Washington!General Machinist's setup, operate
and adjust numerous types of Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC)
single and multiple tool machining centers. These machines may
include lathes, planers, and milling machines. They utilize custom
control media, setups and program documents, to fabricate close
tolerance, high quality parts from metals, plastics and composite
materials. Employment in this position also requires lifting 10-15
lbs, 15-35 lbs, reaching, handling, turning/twisting,
lifting/lowering, climbing, balancing, bending, kneeling,
crouching, squatting, contact with metals, solvents, coolants,
exposure to moving parts and tools, sharp cutters, slipping
hazards, noise and atmospheric conditions, and the use of personal
safety gear for face/eye, hand/arm and feet.Position
- Prepare to set-up job (e.g., production orders, first lots,
tool tryouts) or run previously set-up job by reviewing work order,
tie-in sheets, operator's or setup documents, drawings or CATIA
- Ensure that correct material (e.g., type and quantity) was
issued per plan and is free from defects. Select appropriate tools,
- Identify type of set-up required to machine part/assembly.
Perform layout/lofting on parts/assemblies, as required.
- Perform machining operations using manual/CNC machines, as
required. Generate (NC) Numerically Controlled programs and setup
documents, using an on-line computer system and math (e.g.,
algebra, geometry, trigonometry), as required.
- Select machine accessories and holding devices (e.g., chucks,
- Verify that apparatus is in good condition.
- Identify fixtures and/or shop aids to be built and fabricate,
using appropriate equipment (e.g., mill, lathe, bandsaw, drill
press, sander, grinder), as required.
- Attach machine accessories, tools and shop aides, using dial
indicators, edge finders, wrenches, bolts, clamps and overhead
- Upload/download CNC programs to machine controller, using
computing programs from various servers/data bases.
- Troubleshoot and edit program media (e.g., Media Tryout (MTO ,
as required. Select and check cutting tools per program or CNC
- Ensure cutters are the correct type, length, diameter, radius
and are in good condition.
- Load and unload cutters following program information or set-up
documents, using tool holders, spindle tapers, hand tools (e.g.,
wrenches, mallets, spanners) and/or overhead cranes.
- Set machine coordinates or index points per CNC documents,
including cutter offset/compensations, tool heights and probes,
using controller keyboard, coax indicator or digital readout,
height blocks, shims and edge finders.
- Run CNC programs to machine rough and precision cut parts
following CNC documents.
- Adjust machine settings (e.g., speeds and feeds) to correct
machining problems or to prepare machine for next operation in
- Perform editing of CNC programs per shop requirements.
- Monitor machine during operation for unusual vibration or
sounds, watch machine gauges and controller display or digital
readout for warnings, visually check cutter path, clearance, chips
to ensure smooth operation.
- Check work during each operation and/or after completed job to
ensure parts are complete per drawing/plan and that there are no
defects (e.g., tool marks, mismatch, incorrect cutter finish).
- Develop and perform Statistical Process Control (SPC)
functions, if required. Handle and dispose of hazardous materials
(e.g., coolants, solvents) in approved manner per Material Safety
Data Sheets (MSDS), using personal protective equipment, as
- Assist other employees with setups, methods and procedures, by
passing on verbal and written information and answering
- Maintain personal and tool certifications, as required.This
position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will
be required to work onsite at one of the listed location
options.The position must meet Export Control compliance
requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R.
120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful
permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.Basic Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience utilizing Microsoft Office applications
such as SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft
- Experience using basic math (e.g. addition, subtraction,
multiplication and division)
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 35 pounds frequently within
an 8 hour shift
- 5+ years of experience working with detailed work instructions,
reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, or
- 5+ years of experience using precision measuring tools and
equipment such as micrometers, calipers, and/or dial
- 5+ years of experience using hand tools and/or hand-held power
- 1+ years experience using CAD/CAM software Preferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- High school graduate or GED preferred.Typical Education:High
school graduate or GED preferred.Relocation:This position is
located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates
must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own
expense.Shift:This position is for 2nd shift. Drug Free
WorkplaceBoeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.Other Relevant Information &
- This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective
- Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via
Careers at Boeing will be considered At Boeing, we strive to
deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and
retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package
include competitive base pay and variable compensation
opportunities. The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees
with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs,
generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts,
health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and
disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that
provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. The specific
programs and options available to any given employee may vary
depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date
of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general
guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and
qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $ 2 4 - $47.82 Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental
disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Auburn , N0309 - General Machinist, Other , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...