Painter - 3705
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Commercial Airplanes is
looking for Painters who can apply coating or finishing's by
utilizing a variety of fixtures per blueprints, specifications,
instructions, and quality requirements. This position is located in
Puget Sound region in Washington State!Position
- Lay out complex patterns using precision measuring equipment
such as scales and calipers in order to mask areas where limited or
no indexing is provided.
- Prepare surfaces to assure proper adhesion including selection
and use of agents to accomplish typical operations such as: removal
of corrosion, paint stripping and protective coating; chemical
reactivation of paint surfaces, etc.
- Spray and/or brush required prime necessary to accomplish work
- Perform rework and touchup painting, both spray and brush, per
- Prepare the various paint materials (such as primer, enamels,
lacquers, varnishes, etc.) per BAC specifications.
- Clean and service spray guns, paint tanks, brushes, hoses and
related equipment after using.
- Mask and unmask required areas to facilitate corrosion removal
or painting operations.
- Prepare and set up all equipment and supplies to perform work
- Operate ovens and ensure the curing and air filtering equipment
are functioning and in proper mode for current process (such as
oven temperature, booth pressure drop, breathing air, humidity,
etc) and document as required.
- Part mark and wrap parts/assemblies as required per BAC
specifications. This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The
selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the
listed location options.The position must meet Export Control
compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22
C.F.R. -- 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen,
lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.Basic Qualifications
- 1+ years of--experience finishing and painting Aircraft,
Automotive or Marine.
- 1+ years of experience do you have in large structure cleaning
- 1+ years of experience industrial paint prep including sanding
- 1+ years of experience working with precision measuring
- Ability to use a respiratorPreferred Qualifications (Desired
- Ability to interpret engineering specifications, drawings, and
other technical data.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Aerospace trade school preferredTypical Education:
- High school graduate or GED preferred.Relocation:Relocation
assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position.
Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own
expense.Shift:This position is for variable shifts.Drug Free
Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.Union:
- Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via
Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed
- This is an hourly position governed by the International
Association of Machinist (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining
agreementSummary pay range: $20.00 - $42.80At Boeing, we strive to
deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and
retain the top talent.-- Elements of the Total Rewards package
include competitive base pay and variable compensation
opportunities.--The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees
with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs,
generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts,
health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and
disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that
provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.--The specific
programs and options available to any given employee may vary
depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date
of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining
agreements.Please note that the salary information is a general
guideline only.-- Salaries are based upon candidate experience and
qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.----
Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: BOEING, Auburn , Painter - 3705, Other , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...