Emergency Medical Technician
Company: Emerald Downs
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Job Category: Non-Exempt/Part-time/ Seasonal
Reports to: Security Supervisor
?Rate: $22.50 per Hour
Training Track & Grandstand EMTs while on duty, to serve horsemen,
patron, and employee emergency medical needs.
Available working hours:
Training Track: hours vary from early morning to early
Grandstand: 2022 race days will be Friday - Saturday and Sunday.
Race times will be determined subject to whether we can open for
EMTs submit monthly availability schedules; shifts will be filled
based on availability.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Administer basic life support care to sick or injured persons in
* Operate basic life support equipment.
* Observe, record, and report the patient's condition to other
* Remain calm and assess patient needs
* Use proper PPE to protect oneself.
* Make decisions and solve problems.
* Perform daily vehicle and BLS equipment checks.
* Follow all King County EMT Protocols.
* Perform security duties as needed.
* Communicate with portable radios.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and
personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting
quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
* Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose
and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities.
* Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and
strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security
operations for the protection of people, data, property, and
* Emergency management skills: problem solving, calm in chaos,
supportive, integrity, stress tolerance, investigative, intuitive,
excellent report writing, and dependable.
* The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go
wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing
there is a problem.
* Experienced, knowledgeable, or willing to learn treatments and
safety precautions for the Horse Racing Industry to better serve
the employees and guests at Emerald Downs.
* The ability to communicate with others over portable radios.
* WA State EMT Certified, King County Protocols.
* Washington State Driver License, Driving Abstract (to be run by
* Washington Horse Racing Commission license (background check run
Work Environment, Communication & Physical Abilities:
Relaxed work environment with a focus on safety. Communicate with
staff, guests, and patients with courtesy and respect. Be prepared
for weather exposure and may work in close proximity to horses.
EMTs must submit a monthly availability schedule.
Tools & Equipment:
All necessary basic life support equipment and supplies.
For questions, contact supervisor at 253-288-7771?
Keywords: Emerald Downs, Auburn , Emergency Medical Technician, Professions , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!