Raw Material Handler
Company: LMI Aerospace
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Responsible for the accurate receiving and inspection of all
material incoming to the Auburn Facility. Ensures that all material
received is accurately identified and is serviceable for use per
D1-9000 and ISO requirements. Maintains accurate receiving and
inspection records. Responsible for accounting for all rejected
material until disposition is performed. In all actions, supports
LMI's Quality Policy, Mission Statement and other LMI policies and
procedures by supporting our commitment to total customer
satisfaction, quality products and services, lean processes,
continuous improvement, on-time delivery, safety, teaming,
individual accountability and respect for people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintain accurate and complete purchase order files both pending
* Receive and help unload all incoming material to the Auburn
* Inspect each incoming shipment to verify that all material is
identified correctly. Verify the identification of each item and
count all material to verify that the amount received is
* Verify that all certifications and/or other documentation as
required on the purchase orders are with the shipment and are
* Document all non-conforming material on the Non-Conforming
Material Document. Maintain a pending NMD file for all open NMD's
and a closed file for all NMD's that have been dispositioned.
Actively co-ordinate the disposition of all non-conforming material
with the appropriate interface at Leonard's Auburn.
* Maintain a 100% accurate inventory of extrusions, sheet metal and
rejected material at all times.
* Monitor the manufacturing work center flows to ensure shop orders
are processed so cut extrusions and sheet metal are available to
support that plan.
* Assist in readying material that is being staged to ship out or
transferred to another Leonard's Metal facility.
* Assist other stores personnel in the monthly inventory and the
weekly cycle count.
* Assist in coordinating closing of month end receiving with
purchasing and accounting department. Goods received after 2:00
p.m. on the last day of the month are to be quarantined and shown
as received on the first day of the following month (unless
required RUSH and the immediate recall procedure is
* Conduct all business transactions and communications in a
professional manner congruent to company policy. Maintain company
confidentiality in all dealings with delivery personnel, vendors,
Other Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Practice safe procedures at all times when using material
* All duties as assigned by the Supervisor and or other members of
the management team.
* To know, understand and follow all job tools available and
applicable to the job and the plant including QAP's, work
* Detail oriented with the ability to use elementary measuring
tools i.e. micrometer calipers and electronic calipers.
* Must have the ability to read and understand tolerances on
* Computer literate with at least some knowledge of MRP
* Demonstrated decision-making ability utilizing good judgment in
determining the appropriate guideline, procedure, and application
to utilize in solving problems.
* Thorough understanding of process flows, lead times and lean
principles in a mfg. environment.
* Must be skilled in using a forklift and pallet jacks and be able
to lift 75 lbs
* Flexibility to work overtime as required.
WHY CHOOSE LMI AEROSPACE?
We take care of our people.
* 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match
* Competitive wages
* Paid holidays
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
* Short-term disability
* Long-term disability
* Employee assistance plan - for access to counseling, consulting
and other community resources
* Wellness program
* Tuition assistance
Subject to eligibility, terms, and conditions
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of
the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible
job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities,
tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job
description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This
document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the
Company are employed on an "at will" basis and may be terminated at
LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with
applicable law, LMI provides access and opportunities to those with
disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to
access the company's online application system. If an applicant is
unable to fully access the online application system, LMI will
provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities
may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line
application system. Callers should have a detailed description of
the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of
contact ready for LMI's Human Resources Department. LMI will make
every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone
number is not for the general submission of application
LMI is an E-Verify Employer.
LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
NOTICE ON FRAUDULENT JOB OFFERS
It has been brought to our attention that there have been instances
of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from LMI Aerospace, Inc.
and/or its affiliates ("LMI").
This type of fraud is normally carried out through online services
such as false websites, or through fake e-mails or call from people
claiming to be from the company. These persons offer fraudulent
employment opportunities to applicants and often ask for sensitive
personal and financial information. The fraudsters may also request
recipients to provide personal information and/or to make payments
as part of their fake recruiting process.
LMI does not ask for any financial commitments from candidates as a
pre-employment requirement. LMI will always require candidates to
formally apply for positions via the Careers Page or job
LMI has no responsibility for fraudulent offers and if you believe
you have been a victim of a fraudulent job offer concerning LMI,
please email LMIInfo@lmiaerospace.com
Keywords: LMI Aerospace, Auburn , Raw Material Handler, Professions , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!