11702-Hand Finisher Technician
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.The Boeing Company is currently
seeking Hand Finishing Technicians to join the team in Puyallup, WA
- Perform hand finishing of milled parts and skins using hand and
power tools to remove machine marks, burrs, irregularities and
- Complete and fair machined contours, edge finish, surfaces, and
form-specified radii and chamfer on edges per BAC
- Employment in this position also flexion/extension, handling,
standing, use of low impact vibratory tools, walking, twisting and
bending at the waist, carrying and lifting less than 10 pounds,
pushing/pulling less than 10 pounds, rotation of head/neck, contact
with metals, exposure to noise and atmospheric conditions, and the
use of personal safety gear for face, eyes, hand/arm, ears and
- Review work area to determine what needs to be done or obtain
job assignment from lead.
- Obtain and read manufacturing plans and engineering drawings,
as required, to determine area to be worked.
- Remove burrs and break edges using routers, scrapers, and
- Work with and assist higher classified employees to finish
detailed parts and/or skins.
- Use air powered hand sanders to remove machining marks, surface
irregularities, and mismatches.
- Break sharp edges of parts, as required, prior to hydro-form
and stretch press operations to prevent cracking of parts.
- Clean surfaces using solvents and/or water, as required.
- Use hand trimmers and machine trimmers to remove tooling
- Use hand-held power tools with rotary files, abrasive wheels,
and sanding discs to fair contours, finish edges, chamfers, and
- Mark parts using vibrator pencil, steel stamp, or tags. Package
parts, (protective wrap, inter-leaf), as required.
- Check own work for conformance to specification.
- Contact lead, supervisor, or co-worker with questions when
assistance is needed or when any problem arises.This position is
expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required
to work onsite at one of the listed location options.This position
meets Export controlled requirements and Requires a United States
Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15? "US Person" includes US
Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asyleeBasic
-Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ months Using hand powered air sander.
- 3+months of experience using hand tools and/or hand-held power
- Must be able to life 35lbs on a frequent basis.Preferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Must have flexibility to support another location if
asked.Typical Education:High school graduate or GED
preferred.Relocation:This position is located in a location that
does not offer relocation. - Candidates must live in the immediate
area or relocate at their own expense.Shift:This position is for
2nd shift.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where
post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Other Relevant
Information & Requirements:This is an hourly position governed by
the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.At Boeing, we strive to
deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and
retain the top talent. - Elements of the Total Rewards package
include competitive base pay and variable compensation
opportunities. -The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees
with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs,
generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts,
health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and
disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that
provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. -The specific
programs and options available to any given employee may vary
depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date
of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
-Please note that the salary information shown below is a general
guideline only. - Salaries are based upon candidate experience and
qualifications, as well as market and business considerations. - -
-Summary pay range: $ 18.00 - 39.17 an hourEqual Opportunity
Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Auburn , 11702-Hand Finisher Technician, Professions , Auburn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...